UPDATED – October 2, 2020
COVID-19 Management – update to our original response (click here)
CFI Academy takes concerns about COVID-19 very seriously. Among others, we have implemented the following processes, procedures, and policies to mitigate the risks of infection within our community of clients and staff.
CFI Academy requires any community members with any acute respiratory infection or illness, to refrain from coming to the airport and engaging with other members of our community until cleared by a physician. Individuals that have been exposed to a known COVID-19 positive individual or who have recently traveled to a CDC Level 2 or 3 area should also refrain from coming to the airport and should self-quarantine for a period of at least 14 days to ensure no symptom development.
Community members with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis are not permitted at CFI Academy until cleared by a physician.
CFI Academy will not penalize a client or staff member for rescheduled training or staying away from the airport to reduce the risk to our community. We urge everyone to follow local guidance from health officials. We just ask that you keep us informed if you will not be showing for a flight, so we can plan accordingly.
To reduce the risk of infectious disease transmission within our aircraft and ATDs, we have implemented the following dispatch procedures to mitigate the risk to clients and instructors.
- Cleaning and disinfecting supplies are maintained at the dispatch desk.
- When the aircraft keys are dispatched, you should be offered a disinfecting wipe and a screen wipe. Disinfecting wipes may be used to clean major surfaces, controls, and knobs that may be touched during the flight. ONLY APPROVED SCREEN CLEANERS may be used on radio screens, touch screens, and EFIS displays. We are currently using CleanTex AllScreens Computer Screen Cleaner (833) wipes and CleanTex Phone Wipes (806) to clean screens. They are essentially the same cleaning product with a different size cloth which we have tested on radio and EFIS screens.
- It is up to the client and the instructor to determine the flight deck surfaces to wipe down prior to their flight.
- After the flight, clients and instructors must ensure that all trash is removed from the airplane as is our normal practice and wipe down control surfaces inside the aircraft again.
- During ground lessons and other activities at the airport, recommended social distancing should be practiced where possible.
- CFI Academy employees will complete enhanced routine cleaning on a daily basis. Please follow good general etiquette for a more hygienic environment as found below:
- Please practice good personal hygiene along with covering mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water especially after sneezing or using a tissue.
- Immediately dispose of used tissues in garbage.
- If you need an additional disinfecting wipe for a work area, contact the dispatch desk.